Study group leaders review course material with students and integrate study strategies—note taking, problem solving, and test preparation—that link course content with cognitive skill development.
Study group leaders are trained and supervised Rutgers students selected by the course professor; study group leaders are not course instructors and are present only to facilitate a study session.
Study Group participants:
- earn higher average final course grades than if they simply studied alone
- are more actively involved in the course
- have a better understanding of course material
- acquire effective learning strategies
- earn higher grades in the course than students in the same course who do not attend the study group sessions.
Study Groups offered through:
- RLC Learning Assistant Program (LA Program website)
- Organic Chemistry (01:160:307 & 308; on- and off-sequence sections)
- General Chemistry (01:160:161 & 162)
- Introduction to Computers for Engineers (MATLAB; 14:440:127)
- Analytical Physics (01:750:123 & 124 & 227)
- Extended Analytical Physics (01:750:115 & 116)
- Physics for the Sciences (01:750:193 & 194)
- Genetics (01:447:380) *Spring 2013 only*
if study groups are offered for a course in which you are enrolled,
visit the online registration site to sign up or join a waitlist.
- other units and departments
Please contact these units or departments directly for more information